Amelia Robinson

Hey there! I'm a student at the University of Kentucky and an aspiring writer. This blog serves as an outlet for all the things I want to talk about that are writing-related. I'll post some of my writing, too, for your enjoyment and critique. Thank you for stopping by! If you'd like to know more about me, feel free to visit here!

Poem: The Rebellion Call

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Rebellion Call

by Amelia Robinson

September 2009

Description:  A couple flees from an oppressive land and sends out the call for rebellion.

Author's Note:  I wrote this in Photography class (shh!) when I was fifteen.  I happened to discover it on my computer and thought I would share.

Here in this land, the one with no soul
Misery and suffering is our ruthless foe.

Light and dark, the sun is hiding.
Take my hand and we'll go riding.

Across the sand, the land is ours.
The sun roars triumphant in these dark hours.

Take my hand and we'll cross the sea,
spotting an island, lonely but free.

Away from our enemies, together still.
Away from the horrors, the pains, the kills.

So take my hand and we'll leave this place.
We'll fly away, we'll set the pace.

Let others follow, let others dream.
Give them the call to run and scream.

We'll watch from afar, the rebellion there,
the one we started for the ones who dare.

To dream of peace, to dream at all;
they'll fight for their homes, they'll answer the call.

We pray now, O Gods, let their hearts stay pure
To return to their homes without need for cure.

Let them be welcomed, let them be praised
Let their hearts gain freedom, don't let them be caged.

If this world has justice or mercy or love,
Make their victory stand true, their hearts light as doves.

We'll watch from afar, the rebellion there.
The one we started for the ones who dare.

To dream of peace, to dream at all
They'll fight for their homes, they'll answer the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment