Amelia Robinson

Hey there! I'm a student at the University of Kentucky and an aspiring writer. This blog serves as an outlet for all the things I want to talk about that are writing-related. I'll post some of my writing, too, for your enjoyment and critique. Thank you for stopping by! If you'd like to know more about me, feel free to visit here!

Poem: Empty Halls

Monday, July 8, 2013

Empty Halls

by Amelia Robinson

July 8, 2013
Ink Haiku Contest, Figment.com

Prompt: Write a haiku about loneliness.

Description: Submitted to Figment's Ink Haiku contest. Haiku is not a form I'm overly familiar with, and at first I wanted to bypass this contest because of it's unfamiliarity, but then I figured that I should be pushing myself as a writer. After multiple drafts, this is what came of my efforts.

Once the open hall
housed a flourishing heartbeat,
now the abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment