Amelia Robinson

Hey there! I'm a student at the University of Kentucky and an aspiring writer. This blog serves as an outlet for all the things I want to talk about that are writing-related. I'll post some of my writing, too, for your enjoyment and critique. Thank you for stopping by! If you'd like to know more about me, feel free to visit here!

Poem: A Quiet, Fragmented Thought

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Quiet, Fragmented Thought

by Amelia Robinson

June 2013

Description:  In her TED talk, Elizabeth Gilbert told a brief story about American poet Ruth Stone and how she could feel a poem coming at her over the landscape like rolling thunder and how she would "run like hell" into the house and capture it on paper as it passed through her. This was like that for me. It came suddenly, like thunder, and passed by just as quickly, and I managed to write it down before laziness got the better of me.
Maybe
one day
finding
that
absolutely
nothing
took a
life.

Set
adrift
on a
breath
expelled
by a
heart's
lament.

If I could just
pass a
goodnight
to you
I would
renew
my
freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment